Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Spicy Sausage Pasta

Well, yesterday marked my first day as a stay at home wife (almost mom.. yay!) and I was a busy bee.  I got the house all back in order from our shower Saturday, laundry done, grocery list made and menu for the week, coupons searched online (which I am still not good at and get bored too quickly), grocery shopping done, and dinner made.  If anyone has any good, EASY, coupons sites.. please share!! Needless to say, I was WORE out by the end of the day.  My energy level is just gone and everything takes me so much longer now to-do.  Luckily today my list is pretty small so I don't burn out my first week home.  So much to do, so little time! :)

With all that being said, I figured I would share my first recipe success of the week. I am not the best cook, but I can follow simple recipes! I searched Pinterest yesterday morning and found a few I hoped would work.  Last night I made the Spicy Sausage Pasta and it was actually really good!

Here is the recipe below, hope you enjoy! :)



*Note- Make sure you use a big skillet, I had to switch mine in the middle because once I started adding all the liquid I realized I needed more room!*


1 tbsp olive oil
1 lb smoked sausage (I used Turkey)
1.5 cups diced onion (I used frozen as the site recommended and it worked great)
2 cloves garlic, minced (Also cheated here and used the jar kind)
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 (10 oz) can Ro-Tel tomatoes and green chiles, Mild
1/2 cup heavy cream
8 oz penne pasta
1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper, each
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1/3 cup thinly sliced scallions

1. Add olive oil to an oven-safe skillet over medium high heat until just smoking. Add sausage and onions and cook until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.

2. Add broth, tomatoes, cream, pasta, salt and pepper and stir. Bring to a boil, cover skillet, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes.

3. Remove skillet from heat and stir in 1/2 cup cheese. Top with remaining cheese and sprinkle with scallions. Broil until cheese is melted, spotty brown, and bubbly


Recipe credit from: http://www.kevinandamanda.com/recipes/dinner/spicy-sausage-pasta.html#_a5y_p=983880


Have a great Tuesday and everyone stay safe back home with those crazy storms!!

No comments:

Post a Comment