Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pregnancy Comments 101

So I thought I would post a bit of pregnancy humor/annoyance.  I posted on Sunday a status how I get, "Are you due soon?" as my main question lately.  Sometimes it's, "When are you due?" and when I respond June the next part is a look of shock and, "Oh, so awhile."  First off person, 2 months is not THAT long, and second.. hide your look of amazement a little better please.  As much as I feel "huge", I don't think I look like I could have the baby any day!! I was talking to my best friend, Lexie, about this as she is pregnant with #3 and what she said is so right.. I don't think people really know just how big you get at the very end of pregnancy. So when people see you sporting that big ole belly, they assume you are due that day!  For the most part I luckily have not gotten too many rude comments, but enough to make me annoyed. Come on people, swollen hormonal pregnant women do NOT want your opinion. ESPECIALLY if you are a male. You have zero room to have any opinion.  I had the comment made to me back in my first trimester by a male (when I was deathly ill 24/7 for 7 weeks) that, "Well, pregnancy is really what you make of it." Ok, let me make you feel like you are going to die for 7 straight weeks of your life and then you tell me how joyous it is.  Soooo with that little rant being said, I found a few humorous pictures on line.  Honestly, it doesn't really hurt my feelings or upset me (which is good- I think my pregnant hormones just cause anger for the most part, ha.), but just makes me go into a tiny hormonal rage.  Thank goodness I have keep my responses as short and nice as possible, but warning- I still have that LONG 2 months to go.. so who knows what will happen! :)  Also, with all this being said- this does not mean that you have to tip-toe around what you say or comment how great we/I look constantly.


So please people, be nice to pregnant woman.  You would not walk up to a random person and be so blatantly rude (well, maybe you would), so don't think you have the right to speak whatever you want to someone because they are pregnant. Because I can tell you right now, we don't want nor need your opinion.


End of crazy pregnant lady post.





       







-





2 comments:

  1. All of this ... all of this - so true! Ha! I hate it when people tell me pregnancy horror stories. Like, horrible labor stories. I saw your comment on my blog about the Old Navy dress. I'm also 5'2" and the length is great (even good enough to wear with flats or flip flops) and I have the XS. I say go for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was hoping I didn't sound too crazy writing this, but it's all so true! haha And thank you!! I ended up seeing the dresses were excluded from the 30% off, lame.. but they are having a members perk % off in a few days, so I think I will wait for that and then order. Maxi dresses are so comfy these days! :)

      Delete