Friday, April 18, 2014

5 on Friday





This has been the longest week, EVER, it seems!  A huge part is because I am very near to the end of working (one more week!) and with that coming to a close, I have trained my job out already and am really just here as "back up".  That makes for some looooong days. But hey, I am still getting paid so can't complain too much! :)  

I am linking up today for the Five on Friday




My 5 on Friday is pregnancy themed, of course. What my life is all about these days! :)


1.  I'll start off here with some good 'ole moisturizing, stretch cream prevention.  I know for the most part it is hereditary and there isn't really anything you can do to stop mother nature, but hey- it doesn't hurt to try.  I googled and read a lot, and did see everyone say how great coconut oil is. This stuff can be used for just about anything on your body, for cooking, cleaning, etc. It's an all-in-one miracle.  I got my jar from SAM's club for about $8.  Best thing after soaking my belly? You smell like a delicious Mounds bar! SO far, so good for me.. fingers crossed for the next 9 1/2 weeks! :)





2.  The next 2 posts are dedicated to cuteness and comfort. Pregnancy and dresses go hand in hand when it comes to comfort.  Thank goodness I have my discount obsession with Old Navy, a place that has some great Maternity items.  I recently mentioned I got a cute dress for my shower, so I thought I would share it here.  I ordered this in a Small, and it fit perfect, with room to grow in the belly.  I am only 5'2 and it hits right above the knee, so great length for us shortys.  The orginial price is $39.94, but they always have things on sale and discounts/promos going on. I actually got this dress and some comfty maternity shorts for free when I ordered because of my rewards/sales/percent off. :)  I got the dress is hot pink (Electric Youth), which only shows up certain days online- I guess because it is selling out quickly? You can see the dress HERE.





3.  Maxi's. LOVE them.  I already have this ONE  in Blue Tonal and ordered this ONE yesterday in Black and Gray.  Both are on sale right now for $19.00.  I also ordered these in a Small.  I haven't received the Black yet, but the Blue fits great, room to grow, and shockingly the PERFECT length. This never happens with short girls and maxi's!! The reviews did have some tall people say the length was good too, so I think the bigger the size, the longer they make it.












4. And lastly, I will close out with a little bit of Nursery progress.  I found some cute (free!) printables on Pinterest and made these 2 frames (frames were $7.99 at Target). Then I also bought this little oval mirror to put in the middle. (Also found at Target for I think $12.99).  This will be going over the dresser/changing table area.  I can't wait to hang them and see it all put together! I also have one other little pony print to hang that I won from the fair when I was around 5 and still have to this day.








5.  I have been searching and searching for a cute basket for all of Tilly's books we have gotten so far.  I knew we wouldn't have room for a bookshelf, and thought this would be a cute and functionable way to store them. I finally found the perfect basket at one of my favorite Home stores- Marshalls/Home Goods.  I got this basket for $12.99.  I thought it might be too big, but actually fits exactly what we have now. So I might need to get something bigger or maybe just another one in the future. Oops.  I also added our cute little Hippo that Ashley gave me at our Baby Shower back in MS.  It is a Scentsy product, so not only is it cute, but is making her nursery smell amazing! :)









6 comments:

  1. Love those printables and free is always best!! That little basket looks perfect! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I searched forever to find the right, free, ones!

      Delete
  2. Those maxis are perfect and so versatile! I wonder if you could still wear them after your baby is born? I was able to keep some things in rotation after my son was born. I remember being so exhausted and distracted at work for the last 4 weeks before leaving. I hope the next week goes by quickly for you! Stopping by from the link up! Have a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I was thinking the same thing about the maxi's.. that they might still work a bit after the baby. Happy Easter to you as well!

      Delete
  3. Love that navy and white stripped maxi! I think i might need to get that for myself. I am having a hard time finding dresses this year....go figure, the year I am pregnant. LOL Happy Weekend to you also! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is SO comfortable. I would highly recommend it. :) I think they run a bit big, because the small is still roomy on me and I normally wear S/M. I am hoping the Black/gray fits similar!!

      Delete