Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Mini Super Bowl Party

So this year Lance and I decided to stay home for the Super Bowl.  He had been working on the siding all weekend (yes, my husband is tearing off and replacing our old siding. BY HIMSELF. Men!) so I knew he would be exhausted and wanting to relax.  I'm not going to lie, I was only sad about not going to a get-together mainly for all the yummy food, haha.  I figured we would have our own little fatty fest at home.

I have seen this recipe on Pinterest forever and finally decided to make it. I think there are tons of different versions, but the one I used called them "Crack Sandwiches".  Basically it is ham and swiss mini sandwiches with an amazing butter sauce.  These were super easy to make, and SOOO yummy.

Ingredients:
1 package of Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
1 package of deli ham
1 package of sliced swiss cheese
1 stick of butter
2 tsp onion powder
3 tbsp dijon/spicy mustard
1 tbsp worchestershire sauce
3 tsp poppy seeds


Directions:
-Melt all of the ingredients in a bowl in the microwave, minus the bread, ham, and cheese (obviously).
-Cut the bread down the middle without breaking up the rolls, so you have a top "sheet" and a bottom "sheet".
-I lined a glass dish with aluminum foil but you can use whatever dish you want
-Put the bottom of the buns down and rub the top of them with the butter sauce
-Cover with ham and cheese. I bulked up a little on the ham, and just did one layer of cheese.
-Put the top layer of buns on, and pour the rest of your sauce on top.
-Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes
-Cut into little sandwiches after cooled a few minutes




Like I said, super simple.. and oh, so good! Next I just added some chips and dip.  I originally saw the chips first (yum!) and went and found the dip after since it was pictured on the front of the chips! haha




Here is our little set up in front of the TV, with creeping Bonnie in the background.



And lastly, we had some delish strawberry cupcakes I made earlier in the day. :)



Hope everyone enjoyed all the party food on Sunday.. oh, and that crazy game!






1 comment:

  1. I wonder if all of those sandwiches in the picture were for just you :) Just kidding...they look great! Can't wait to try that recipe!

    ReplyDelete