Wednesday, January 22, 2014

18 Weeks Bumpdate



Getting big.. eek!


How far along:  18 weeks
Size of baby:  Mango- 6in, .5lbs
Gender:  We find out TODAY!!!  So Lance and I feel it's a girl, but then all last night I dreamt boy.  I'm thinking it's because I'm so sure they'll tell me boy since I think girl.  Does that even make sense? haha  I will honestly be happy either way and am just ready to know.  Fingers crossed our baby isn't shy and will show us what we need to see!! :)
Maternity clothes:  I went shopping this past weekend and on Monday, and got quite a few things.  2 shirts at Target, about 7 shirts at Old Navy (and some pj's that aren't maternity but just cute), and then my greatest find... Goodwill!  I had heard to look there since most maternity clothes used are pretty much brand new.  I am still wearing my regular jeans, but they do dig into right where the baby is and can be uncomfortable, and probably not too safe! Anyways, I went back to Old Navy to try them on and get my size and well.. I just wasn't too impressed.  I didn't like the way they fit.  I only tried on one style because the shelves were pretty bare and didn't have too many sizes, plus I was starving and in a hurry to meet Lance.  So after getting no pants all weekend, I figured I would go by a Goodwill not far from where I was out.  They had 2 small racks (surprise, surprise.. just like every other small maternity section) and right in the middle of the shirt rack was the PERFECT pair of jeans.  They were the Liz brand from Target, look almost brand new, my size, and get this... hemmed to my exact length!! I couldn't believe it.  I got these and 2 shirts for a total of $13.88. 
Sleep:  Sleeping pretty good since I am still exhausted every second.
Symptoms:  Have I mentioned tired? ha. Still super bloody gums when brushing my teeth, yuck!  Oh, and big ole belly! :)
Miss anything:  Nope!
Movement:   YES!!!! Last week I was sitting in my car at lunch and boop! my little one did a nice flip in my belly.  Then 5 second later, another one.  It caught me off guard and was the neatest feeling ever.  Since then I have felt it a few times, mostly when sitting. 
Food cravings:  I get random urges for things, but nothing all the time. Still eating those tomato sandwiches for lunch most days though.
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Nope
Have you started to show yet:   Oh yea.
Belly button in or out:  In
Wedding rings on or off:  On
Mood: Happy happy happy!
Best moment of this week:  TODAY!
Looking forward to:  Our appointment this afternoon!!!! As much as I am excited for the gender, I am also way more anxious to make sure the anatomy scan goes well and our little one is healthy and perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment