Wednesday, January 15, 2014

17 Weeks Bumpdate





(still my fancy mirror pics!)

How far along:  17 weeks
Size of baby:  Sweet Potato- 5.5 in, 6 oz
Gender:  One more week! :) :)
Maternity clothes:  I scored some simple tees (what I am wearing above) at Target on Monday for $3.98 each! They were on sale for $4.98 and then I had 20% off with Cartwheel, which took an extra $1.00 off each. Only black and gray were marked down though. Boo.  I am off Monday for MLK Day, so I think I will treat myself to a little more Maternity shopping.  I tried on some jeans at Old Navy a few weeks ago, but when I bought my new phone the picture I took of the tag got deleted :(  So I am not sure the size or style I liked.  They don't sell them in Short in the store, so I have to order them online.
Sleep:  A little better.  I got myself a body pillow this past weekend and it does make my back feel a lot better when sleeping.  The problem is I am an INSANE flopper when I sleep, therefore trying to flip around under the covers with this huge pillow doesn't really work.  I guess it works better to sleep on top of the covers with a light blanket?  But I am forever cold, so that definitely won't work. I'm sure later down the line I will be hot and a lot bigger, therefore sleeping on the covers and probably not flopping as much! :)
Symptoms:  TIRED.  I'm pretty sure I will never have energy ever again.  I have been keeping up with my mile walks at night, so I think that helps me some not be too much like a zombie.  I wish I had the self control to wake up early and do them in the morning, yea.. not going to happen.  Also, the sore gums have kicked in.  Sometimes when I spit when brushing my teeth, it's straight blood, yuck!
Miss anything:  Not at the moment.
Movement:   I THINK I felt something MAYBE the other night. But in general, still no.
Food cravings:  Monday night I was really wanting some Hot Cheetos. Oh dear.  About 45 minutes after I ate them it literally felt like someone was pouring acid down my throat. AH. The heartburn was unreal. No more Hot Cheetos for this girl.
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Not really.
Have you started to show yet:   Yep- Bigger and bigger every day it seems!!
Belly button in or out:  In
Wedding rings on or off:  On
Mood: Happy and excited!
Best moment of this week:  Going to Target this past weekend and looking at all the baby stuff.  So excited to pick everything out soon and use it for our little one.  
Looking forward to:  Finding out the gender, of course!! And also getting some more comfy maternity clothes, I think they help with the "do I look pregnant or chubby?" dilemma!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, you are soooo cute!!!

    A note on the body pillow...I literally turned over every 30 minutes because my hips and back hurt soooo badly. I ended up buying another body pillow (just the cheap ones, not pregnancy ones) and had one on each side so I didn't have to move the pillow when I rolled over. It actually helped support my back as well, which was an added bonus. However, even though we have a king bed, my husband still had to get used to giving up some space (like he had a choice!) ;) He always joked that I slept in a sea of pillows. Whatever works!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)

      That extra pillow sounds like a great idea! We only have a Queen though, so he might be kicked out when I get to that point haha. My hips/back are the same. If I lay too long one way, it feels like they are slowly moving out of place.. ouch!

      Delete