Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Marriage- One Year

Holy cow, in just 4 days will be our big one year! I am going to go ahead and do a little post about it now since I know I won't be on this weekend.  I am so excited for our mini getaway and spending some quality time relaxing in the mountains.  We leave for Gatlinburg, TN on Saturday morning to stay at a cute little B&B I found.  It got rave reviews and the breakfast looks AMAZING.  I also have our restaurants planned our for dinner, so let's just say this will be a FOOD trip!  Luckily it's only about a 4-4 1/2 hour drive for us, so we will have most of the day Saturday, all day Sunday, and then will head back after checkout on Monday. I plan on doing a lot of eating, shopping, site seeing, and relaxing.

I won't write a mushy post about my one of a kind husband, but I will include a link HERE if you want to go back and read my sappy Valentine's day one! :) Long story short, life is great and marriage is amazing.

It's crazy to think it's already (almost) been a year since that FREEZING day in October that we said our I do's. Despite the weather, it was the best day ever and I had a blast.  It was definitely my dream wedding.. my friends and family all together to celebrate the most important thing in my life. That day was 100% to me about the marriage and not the "wedding" part of it. Sure, I had a blast planning and decorating, but my real excitement was what would be at the end of the day.. Husband and Wife.

Here are a few pictures from our special day.  Sorry if they are a bit blurry, but I don't have the originals with me, so these are versions saved off Facebook.
 



























So since we got married back in MS where I am from, our cake has been there in the freezer for the past year.  My mom went to UPS to check on the best way to send something frozen, and keep it frozen.  The guy told her to get some dry ice, bring it all in, and they would pack it up for her.  This was mailed last Wednesday, and happily I received it at work on Friday.  Well I was happy.. until I opened it and realized the bag the dry ice was in was EMPTY and had completely evaporated on the two day trip!!! From what I think happened, it lasted about a day and the last 24 hours the cake spent thawing out.  It actually isn't that big of a deal since now we won't have to carry the cake with us on our trip, and we get to enjoy a dessert that, honestly, will probably be way better than a year old cake at dinner.  We did eat a piece on Friday night and it wasn't bad.  The texture was kind of gooey, but the flavor was still good.  It is actually still in our fridge, but probably getting chunked soon.






Cheers to a Happy 1 Year.. and many, many more.

I love you Lance Rowland.




No comments:

Post a Comment