Sunday, October 6, 2013

Weekend Recap

Even though it's still Sunday, the remainder of my day will be spent lounging around and painting my nails, so I figured I would go ahead and write about the weekend.

First off, my wonderful husband has been installing new windows, and this weekend he put in the last two in the living room.  It is amazing how much new windows excite me.  The ones we had were the originals from when the house was built.. in 1979.  Let's just say this was a much needed project.  Thank goodness for handy husbands! :)



Apparently I am able to shop anywhere, so Friday night when we went to Lowe's to get some supplies for the windows, I wandered around and somehow filled up a cart of my own. Among these items I got a cute new fall doormat, and also some mums for the front porch.  I am hoping this is not something I will kill within a week, but will last me for a few months, fingers crossed.






Oh, and I also got Lance to finally get in the attic and pull out my fall decor. Finally got to hang up my wreath I made last year! :)





To add to the fall fun, Lance and I stopped by our local pumpkin patch/farm this morning. To our surprise, the pumpkins there are priced outrageous.  We then decided just to walk around and see all the animals and events they had going on, then we left and went to Harris Teeter to get our pumpkins! haha  We did have a fun morning while we were there, and everything was free except the pumpkins.  Our favorite part were definitely the sweet little pigs, who sure did enjoy eating the pumpkins!!











Once we got home, I was able to finish our front porch decor.  Luckily I was able to buy a white pumpkin (am I the only one who have never seen these??), but still want to paint one or two of the small ones gold.  I got some spray paint Friday at Lowe's, so now I just need to get busy!



You can see Lance there still working on finishing up the windows. :)


I would like to throw in I made my first pumpkin recipe last night, and it turned out delicious! Pumpkin Banana Greek Yogurt Bread.  Not only is it yummy, it is actually pretty healthy.  If anyone wants the recipe, just comment and I will make a separate post for it! :)






Now I think I will take after this little guy and enjoy the rest of my weekend relaxing. xoxo





1 comment:

  1. your fall décor on your porch is just beautiful . Lance has done a great job installing the windows,they look good! All the pictures are very nice. Love you guys,mom

    ReplyDelete