Friday, October 4, 2013

Five on Friday- Fall Edition

TGIF! Almost through with another work week and happily entering the weekend.  I don't know about yall, but Fall is definitely the best time of the year. I'm sure everyone is sick of the million facebook, instagram, blog Fall posts buttttttt.. here's another one!  I follow a few different blogs and thought I would link up to some with their Five on Friday! :)  Here is my Five on Friday Fall Edition.







1. Weather-  It has been so nice here in NC and I am loving every minute of it. Not too hot, and definitely not too cold.  I am hoping these temperatures stay in place for at least a few more weeks.  It's so nice to be able to sit outside after work or on the weekends and soak in some fresh air.  Also the leaves are starting to change a tiny bit, which makes it all that much better.


2. Decor-  I am ashamed to say I have been slacking on getting my fall decor out of the attic.  I can actually blame this one on Lance since he is the attic man. I have asked a few times if he would like to get in the attic to get my stuff and I am sure you can guess his answer.  I think this weekend I will nicely shove his little butt up there and get my stuff! haha  I have this wreath I made last year that I am dying to put back up.  We also have a new (and greatly improved) front door that I know it is going to look great on!




We are also planning on going to the pumpkin patch this weekend (can't wait!!) and I have some plans to try and paint some of the pumpkins for decor this year.  Here are some ideas I like.. what do you think?






3. Candles/Wallflowers-  I think fall smells (with Christmas in a close second) have got to be the best of the whole year.  Any form of pumpkin, harvest, leaves, autumn, etc is amazing.  My B&BW shopping goes into overdrive this time of year.. thank goodness for their sales and coupons or I would be in big trouble! :)





4. Fall fashion- Scarves, boots, skinny jeans/tights, oversized shirts and sweaters.  Bring it on.  These also work great when you want to camo all those yummy holiday treats you've been eating! haha Cute, but comfy.  This past weekend the weather was perfect for me to pull out a fall outfit.  Ignore the fact that Lance is dressed like it's summer (and later changed into jeans because he was chilly! ha). I will also throw in I am loving my curling wand for my fall look.  Now that I  have short hair (almost a year now of keeping it this length- a record I think!) it is much easier for my thick hair to hold a curl. I love it even though I tend to burn myself (ear,face, fingers.. you get the picture) just about every time I use it. I love the soft curls it gives me, and they last all day long! Plus the fact it's so easy and a pretty quick process.  You can see the general look in this picture.




5. Pumpkin flavored ANTYHING- Coffee being the best.  I found at Target a Pumpkin Spiced coffee for my Keurig and it is amazing. I believe it is Archor Farms (the Target brand) and delicious.  I normally pair it with Hazelnut creamer, but I recently tried it with Amaretto and YUM! So good.  I have pinned a few pumpkin desserts recently I am dying to try.  Unfortunately Lance doesn't like pumpkin flavor (what?!?) so I will definitely be bringing a lot to work to save my waist line.  Anyone have any good pumpkin recipes they've tried??


Hope you enjoyed my Five on Friday and please do share yours!!! :)





2 comments:

  1. yup- the R wreath is fabulous!! I'm sure your hubby loves it ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those pumpkins and the wreath you made!! Feeling inspired about fall decorations!

    ReplyDelete