Thursday, September 26, 2013

North Carolina





Next Wednesday, October 2, I will have lived in the great state of North Carolina for TWO years.  It's crazy to think it has already been that long.  It's such a gorgeous state and I am so thankful to live here.  It's a nice mixture of country, but still enough city for me.  In my opinion, I feel like we live in the country, but Lance would like to seclude ourselves times about 100! haha   I used to think I would hate not living within 5-10 minutes of everything, but now I can't imagine ever living in a neighborhood again.  It's so nice to be spread out and have our own space. The only thing I really don't like about our road is the fact that the speed limit is 45 and most people go about 60.  I honestly get scared to get the mail if cars are coming because they fly by so fast.  Our road is also on the bicycle trail and I do not see how this people aren't scared out of their minds. Let me tell you, there are no sidewalks or streetlights where are live..these people are brave!

I absolutely love our little town we live in, Concord, NC- even though technically it's not so litte.  It's got the old historic downtown, but also spreads out pretty far with all of the "city" areas.  We live outside the city limits (see, country!) right on the edge of town. We are about 15 minutes from entering Charlotte, so the perfect spot to have the best of both worlds.  It's pretty much the same as Southaven is to Memphis.


Our favorite restaurant in downtown Concord.


Downtown Concord, NC


It's so nice to live near so many great attractions. We have TONS of vacation spots within 2-4 hours- Mountains or Beaches.  We have a HUGE mall, Concord Mills, that I rarely go to (sadly- but we do have a smaller one that's actually closer to my house anyways!) because the traffic is so insane. The Carolina Panthers play right in the heart of downtown Charlotte. The Charlotte Motor Speedway is also here in Concord (huge NASCAR people here.. not for me, but they do other fun races there to go watch).  There are SO many things here, that I don't even know the half of them.  It's definitely a great city/area to live in.. or to visit (come on friends!!)


Bank of America Stadium, downtown Charlotte, NC






 Not only have I lived here almost two years, but a month from tomorrow will be our big ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!! In a way I feel like we have been married forever (of course in a good way!), but then again I feel like I was just planning.  It's crazy to think how fast this year has gone by.  They say the first year is the hardest, well considering I don't feel like it was hard at all.. I am super excited for the next 100! haha  I have been blessed beyond words and am so thankful each and every day.  I am over joyed with this amazing journey Lance brought my life to, and am so excited for all that's to come in the future! :)






Happy Thursday to everyone! xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment