Monday, September 29, 2014

A Look Inside..

The week of a stay at home mom.

So what do I do all day/week? Well it really depends, even though now a few things are consistent. Some days we are out and about and have things planned, and others we just hang out at home.  There isn't a whole lot you can do with a 3 month old, and some days it's just too much work (and hot out!) to get her out and run all over the place, especially when she has a love/hate relationship with her car seat.  This past weekend we were out about 3 hours straight and she didn't make a peep, just happily looked around the whole time.  Other days, she whines and starts to cry after just a little bit in her car seat.  I get it, I wouldn't want to be strapped in that thing either!  I think things will get easier now that it's cooling down.  Her back is a sweaty mess sometimes once I get her out, so I know being hot has a lot to do with it.  Poor sweaty baby takes after her mama.

So back to our week.. During our time we hang out at home, our day consists of: baby feedings, changing lots of diapers, naps, play time on her map, play time sitting against mommy's legs, me trying to squeeze in meals and a shower, laundry, cleaning the house, catching up on reading blogs/writing mine, and some good ole day time TV.  I have become a fan of way too many daytime shows. Now I definitely don't watch all these shows every day, but here are the ones I like and try to catch when I am home- Kelly & Michael, The View, Wendy Williams, The Chew, Queen Latifah, and of course my favorite, Ellen, which I do watch every day.  I have become a huge fan of The Chew, thanks to my mom, and just ordered their new cook book.  I can't wait to try and make some of their yummy recipes!

Starting this week, our Tuesday and Thursday mornings are now booked. We are starting a kids gym this week and are taking the baby class on Tuesday mornings.  We did a preview class last week, and it was a lot of fun! I am going to be going with a fellow mom from my Mom's Club I am a part of.  Last week we met at a coffee shop in the same area first to grab some coffee and breakfast before heading over.  We got home after the class around 11:30am, so just in time for lunch for both of us, and a big nap after for little bit.  Also this week on Thursday morning, we are starting a play group with 3 other babies from our Mom's Club.  We rotate weeks at each other's house and get our little ones together to play and interact with babies their age.  On top of those 2 things, we also do random events planned with our Mom's Club. Last Friday there was a new member social, where we met at the park and got a chance for old & new members to meet.  The club is a group of stay at home moms that all live in the area.  They have events planned every day of the work week that range anywhere from getting together at someone's house, craft days, meeting at the park or museums, meeting to get ice cream, etc.  I am trying to do a few a month to keep us involved and out of the house.  I normally do the ones that are closer to our house, since it's easier getting out with her to places that aren't too far, and also ones that aren't too centered towards the older kids that can actually participate.

Throw in a few trips to Target, the mall, lunch dates with Lance, and other random outings, and that's our week! Nothing too crazy exciting, but that's the life with a baby! I am having so much fun soaking up all this time with my sweet baby girl and am so thankful I have the opportunity to stay home with her.  A big thank you to my amazing, hard working husband who makes that possible!  I'm sure by the time she starts kindergarten I will be hot mess having her leave me, but hey.. that's ok! :)



// last Friday at the park 



**On a side note, I would like to add Tilly has now been eating between 23-25oz daily the past week, which is HUGE for her.. yay!! I hope she is able to keep this up. She also seems to be slowly 
fitting into more and more 0-3 month clothes!  Now that her reflux SEEMS to be getting better, I think it's time to slowly move her into her crib and out of the Rock n Play.  Eh, this might be an adventure.  I'm not sure I'm ready for the sleepless nights this might bring back. Last night she slept 9:45pm-7:15am, ate, and is now still sleeping for her morning nap (it's 9:20am here).  Please send happy thoughts our way for an easy transition once I made the plunge and move her!


Happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment