Monday, September 15, 2014

Beach Trip 2014

Last week my parents came into town and we decided to do a little beach trip while they are here.  Living in Charlotte, we are only about 3-4 hours from tons of beaches, and unfortunately don't take advantage of it enough.  I knew we wanted to squeeze one in this year, and this was the perfect opportunity.  It was the week after peak season, so it would be WAY less crowded, plus the temperatures were a bit cooler.  When starting to plan this trip I wasn't sure how it would go stuck in a hotel with a 2 1/2 month old, so we only planned Sunday-Wednesday and it went great! Apparently always having Tilly's sound machine on "ocean" came in handy, because that baby slept almost the whole trip!
 
Sunday morning we got up and headed on the 3 1/2 hour journey to Ocean Isle Beach, NC.  The ride there wasn't the greatest.  She woke up about half way  a little cranky and wanted to eat, which resulted in a nasty diaper change in the back seat of the car in a Wendy's parking lot. Oh the joys of road trips with a baby.  After that, she slept most of the way, but I did have to crawl over the seat into the back twice with her to calm her down. Overall it wasn't the best little ride, but not the worst! On the way home we ended up getting up with her first feeding (around 5:30am) and left as soon as she finished. This time went MUCH better, she slept all the way until 10 minutes before we got home. She did scream those last 10 minutes, but that's ok! haha
 
We got to the beach around 3, checked in, fed Tilly, took a few pictures, and then my mom and I went to the grocery store to get some things for the week.  Once we got back, we all got ready and went out to dinner.  After dinner we went to a few little beach shops and then came back to walk down on the beach.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The next morning we got up and it was crazy raining.. ALL DAY LONG.  This little bit slept in late, ate, and then slept some more! Lance and I walked down on the beach in the rain for a bit, and then came back up to get ready and we all ventured out to lunch.  Nothing too exciting this day.  Luckily it stopped raining that night so Lance and I went out and walked to a few more little beach shops and walked on the beach while my parents watched Tilly.
 



 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
Tuesday morning we woke up and thank goodness the rain had stopped! It was pretty cloudy and windy, but so nice to not be scorching hot.  We ate breakfast and then all got ready to head down to the beach.  We got a cute little tent for Ms Priss, but she only lasted in it maybe 5 minutes.  I think even with the towel, the sand was just too hard.  My mom gladly sat and held her while Lance, my dad, and I went to walk down to the pier, and then swim in the ocean for a little while.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

 
Once Tilly woke up, Lance and I went back up with her to feed her, shower, and all take a nice nap.    My parents came up and got ready and headed out to venture over to Myrtle Beach for lunch while we stayed back at the hotel.
 
 
 

We woke up first, so a little balcony beer while we waited for my parents to return.  Once they got back, we handed off Tilly and went out for date night on our last night. 




 
 
Overall it was a great trip, and Tilly handled it WAY better than I thought.  Now my parents are back home, Lance is back to work, and Tilly and I are back to our days alone.  That is until Friday.. then Lauren and Sarah will be flying in for the weekend! I am so excited for some of my friends from back home to finally meet my sweet little girl! :)
 
Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment