Thursday, May 29, 2014

Tilly's Nursery

Whew, this has taken quite some time!  As much as I wish it was 100% done, there are still some tiny little things left, but for the most part.. it is complete! I still need to find curtains, a new light fixture, hang the monitor, and also hang a few things over her bookshelf.  Nothing that is super urgent, but that will hopefully all be done soon.  I am actually waiting on our maternity prints to come in now, and then I can get the things hung on the wall.

We started this process a few months ago, as it required rearranging our whole house! (or it seemed). Originally the nursery was the guest room/office, and what now is the guest room/office was Lance's band room.  He is the drummer in a band, so this is where all this equipment was set up and his little man room. Sadly, we only have a 3 bedroom house, so the band room got axed.  His drums are now packed away in the closet.. but with easy access! :)  A few months ago we started by painting the band room and getting it ready to switch everything over.  Then slowly the switch got made, and all of our purchases and gifts for little missy got shoved into her room.  Let's just say it was a MESS in there of a million boxes.  Her room is pretty tiny (which is why we chose it for the nursery) so I had no clue how to organize such a tiny room and get all her stuff in there.  I have been slowly working on it and am very happy with the results!  This room was already a light purple color (but looks gray in pictures?) so Lance was super happy we were having a girl since this meant one less room he had to paint. haha

I know I wanted something simple, but girly. Not too cluttered or too baby-ish.  As we started to pick our things, Lance was determined to get dark furniture, and I wanted white.  The more we looked, the more I did like the dark and started thinking it looked more elegant and just nicer.  Now don't get me wrong, lots of white furniture looks great, but I couldn't find anything that didn't look too cheap that wasn't crazy expensive.   So I eventually caved and went with the dark, and am so happy I did! I think this will also transition better into the toddler years and later down the road if we have a little boy.

Sooooo here we go.  A few (nicely snapped from the iphone) pictures of Tilly's room.. all we need now is a baby! :)


First off, the closet.  This closet is TINY, and I mean tiny.  Lance added the 2 shelves and this helped tons with organizing her small things in baskets and stacking all her blankets.  Then as you can see, diapers and wipes are stashed on the bottom andddddd.. all the random things we don't need just yet, or the boxes to things we are using are all nicely shoved up top! ha  I put most of her clothes in the dresser, it just seemed so much easier and more organized. But, I'm sure the closet will fill up soon enough! :)


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


And the rest!
 
*Now, I have washed, dried, and ironed that quilt and it stays super wrinkled! So it is what it is! ha
 
 

 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 







And that's it! Nothing big or fancy, but I love it! I always go and sit in the rocker and just hang out some evenings- it's so peaceful.  Having her room ready makes me even more anxious, if that's possible, for her to arrive.  Hopefully this last month doesn't go by too slow!!






No comments:

Post a Comment