Thursday, July 25, 2013

My first Beauty Review

I read a lot of blogs that do beauty reviews, and I just love them so I thought I would start doing a few.  My favorite ones are where the products are actually realistic prices for the average person.  I do have a few items that are more expensive, but for the most part I like to shop pretty rationally.  I recently got the Clarisonic Mia for my birthday (yes, this would be an expensive splurge!), BUT from all the reviews I read it seems to be totally worth it. I have only used it 2 days so I am saving my review for the 2 week period. Look for that in the next few weeks! :)


First off, I want to say I love E.l.f. products.  The only place I have seen them sold in stores in Target. You can also purchase them online HERE. They have TONS of products online, versus the small selection in stores.  Their products are all very (I hate to use the word because I don't want it to describe the quality but..) cheap!  I haven't tried everything obviously, but the few things I have I have enjoyed.  They always, always have sales online (I get the emails) and coupon specials.  You can rack up on tons of their products for an amazing price.  Luckily since they are so well priced, even if you buy something and don't like it (like we all do) it's not a big issue.  The only product of theirs I currently use religiously is the blush/bronzer duo.  I LOVE this little compact.  It comes in 3 different shades I believe and is only $3!! This is an item you can buy in stores and I absolutely love it. As you can tell below my current one is well used.  These colors blend well with my super WHITE skin and also when I have a nice "tan" from my self tanner.  It has a TINY hint of shimmer and blends perfect.  To me a blush or bronzer is tinted powder- I don't see how a $100 one can be any better than this little compact. (in my opinion..)







Next are just a few of my favorites from my make up bag-



1.  Maybelline- The Falsies Flared.  I  have tiny, tiny lashes so I try to find a mascara that will help them try to look fuller, longer, and hold a curl.  I was addicted to Maybelline's Sky High Curves for years so of course what happens? It gets discontinued. My main problem with most mascaras is they make my lashes stick straight out.  I was very happy to try this number a year or so ago and love it. This product is a miracle for these little lashes. I use the waterproof version (an oily girl's best friend!)

2. Maybelline Baby Lips.   I seriously love this new product.  This specific one is the non color stick, which I use every morning under my lip gloss.  It makes your lips sooo soft and doesn't leave that nasty "lip gloss line".  They have many color shades which I have tried about 5 of- some are better than others, but my go to is the clear.  The best part? This little guy is only around $2.50!

3. CO Bigelow, Original Rose Salve.   You  might know this little tin better in it's traditional blue and white colors.  I found this cuter version surprisingly at Bath & Body Works one trip last year.  This product reminds me of my grandmother as she always had this when I was little and the smell always takes me back to her.  This is a lovely rose extract salve that is good for so many things.  It will make your lips, feet, elbows, etc feel amazing.  My favorite use is probably for my lips.  It works as a great "gloss". I personally love the "old lady" smell as well it has! :)

4. Philosophy's Hope in a Jar.   I have mentioned this face lotion before and I just love it.  I also use the Philosophy's Purity Made Simple face wash.  These products are perfect for my sensitive, oily skin.  This is more in the pricey section when originally bought, but let me tell you- these products go a LONG way and last forever.  Plus, the bigger you buy, the more you get for your money.  I normally buy the 2oz lotion for $40 (yikes!) which you can get HERE and it lasts me MONTHS.  You barely have to use any and it covers your whole face.  The face wash I will buy in the 32oz size  for around $50 and it, no lie, lasts me a year. Highly, highly recommend their products. Their website often has sales that stores like Sephora or department stores just won't have on these products.

I hope you enjoy my first Beauty Review-  I'll be back for more in the future. Feel free to share any of yours as well! :)

Happy Thursday!



No comments:

Post a Comment