Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Beach Bum



Well, back to realty and work after a great long, holiday weekend!   We got to a mini beach trip in and it was so nice and relaxing.  We went to a small beach on the NC coast, Ocean Isle.  It is so nice to live within 3-4 hours of so many beaches! This trip was around 3 hours and 15 minutes.. not bad at all.  The weather was gorgeous and made for a wonderful time. We stayed right on the beach and most of the restaurants were within walking distance. We spent the weekend relaxing, eating some yummy seafood, and walking around the town.  Our first night there we went to eat at one of the seafood places, and it since it was so crowded we decided to eat at the bar.  As we sat and waited on our food, we were chatting with the bartender.  He asked where we were from and Lance said a small town a few hours outside of Charlotte (since no one ever knows it.) Well the guy proceeded to ask what town and he actually knew where it was and had been there, which we thought was kind of neat.  Then he asked where I was from and I went with a similar answer, a small town in MS outside of Memphis.  He said he had been to Memphis quite a bit with his old work and asked what town. Well what do you know, he used to do work in Southaven! He then asked if I knew the restaurant Dale's on Stateline Rd. How crazy!! This guy knew both of our small towns, that are 13+ hours away from each other. Such a small world.




On Friday, we got the pleasure of meeting this awesome "little" fellow.  A 3 year old turtle who was at around 200lbs, but would grow to close to 600lbs!! I got to pet him, but refused to kiss him as the owner suggested.


Now back home to the real world!


Also, I have been playing around a little with my blog decor.  I know it could be a lot fancier, but I kind of like the simple look. I added a new tab of top, My Story, that is mainly one of my first blogs I wrote with my background info, then I changed my background design.. whatcha think?

No comments:

Post a Comment