Wednesday, July 17, 2013

What I'm Loving Wednesday (7/17)

Happy Hump Day everyone!!  2 1/2 days through the week (as of now), and only 2 1/2 left!

1. First, I am loving my new blog layout.  I finally caved and did research an actual background template- which I LOVE!  It's cute, but yet still simple like I wanted.  If you are viewing this on Mobile, sadly you can not see it.  My mobile is set as the old look since the html is only for web based. So if you have a chance, get on your computer and take a look! :)

2. I am loving birthdays!! Happy 29th to my brother, Jason!!!  My birthday is in just a few short days (5!!!), and I am so excited.  I am not doing anything overly grand, I just love my birthday.  I don't care how old I am- it's still MY day (along with all the other July 22 babies!).  I am sad to say that I will be working this year.  I have only worked once on my birthday and I was pretty much miserable the whole day, haha.  Being a grown up means I need to save my PTO for other things (like traveling all over the place to squeeze in our spread out families), therefore I sucked it up this year and didn't ask off.  It wouldn't be so bad, but it's on a MONDAY, so I have to work the whole week after it too! No fun.  Luckily my sweet husband knows how much I love birthdays and has already started with the presents.  I got some super cute, comfy new running shoes last night. Now I need to get my butt in gear and use them.  We are also having a small cook out at our house Saturday with a few friends to celebrate- fingers crossed no rain!

3.  BIG BROTHER!!! This show definitely takes up a huge amount of my time in the summer months. 3 episodes a week, plus keeping up with the live feeds drama on the internet.  Yes, I know a lot of people "don't have time for tv" and their lives have more important things going on.. well I guess I do not, because I love this show! haha I am not ashamed of my TV addictions so judge away! :)

4. I am very much loving that we have not gotten any of the crazy temperatures from back home.  We recently ended a 23 day rain streak (just since Monday- looks like it's about to rain now, boo!) which has kept the temps down. Surprisingly, it is not as humid as you would think.  Thank you NC for keeping us all from being miserable like my friends and family back home!

5. Lastly, I will throw in Lance. :)  Our molding around the back door was rotting off from all the rain and looking pretty icky. Well I made a comment I wished it wouldn't look so busted with everyone coming over Saturday.  Since he is going to replace our siding soon, he said that it would be all ripped down then and replaced (not really helping looking crappy this weekend! haha).  Well Monday he comes home with all this wood and said he would go ahead and fix it just for the party! :) So all night Monday after work he ripped off the old molding, cut down the wood, nailed it up, and painted it! *Side note- this is a sliding glass door that goes out to our deck, so not a tiny door!* Yes, he was making comments under his breath that he can't believe he was doing this a few weeks before he would replace it with something completely different... but I can take a bit of complaining! :) lol  This is just one example of how sweet he is with dealing with my constant need to start home projects. I am for sure loving him this week, and every day after! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment