Saturday, March 2, 2013

Keurig Love

Good Morning from "snowy" Concord, NC! I know everyone loves to complain about the weather- "It's too hot, It's too cold, I hate snow, I miss summer, I miss winter, blah blah blah".  Well I happen to enjoy all the seasons and LOVE to look outside and see snow, even if it is just big flakes that aren't really sticking.  As I was sitting drinking my yummy cup of coffee watching the snow, I thought I would write a blog about my new love, my Keurig machine.

Now yes, I know I am behind on the times and these came out well over a year ago. At first I had no interest in one because I was only the occasional coffee drinker, but since living with Mr. Coffee himself and going back to work, I have become a cup, maybe 2, a day type of girl.  As more and more people I knew got one and raved about it, I became more interested, especially since it does just make the one cup I need. Somewhere along the past 2 years of being with Lance I must admit, his "cheap" ways have rubbed off on me.  As he would tell me "We have a coffee maker that works perfectly fine", I started to believe maybe that was enough. (shocking, I know).  I would always go stare at them in the store every time we went, and look at all the wonderful sounding coffee "cups" you could get.  Lance would always make fun of me and tell me just to buy it if I wanted it THAT bad.  But then my brain turned into "Lance mode"- why do I need a $120+ coffee maker???  Oh, the decisions!! So fast forward to this week. Monday was our "dating" anniversary and we decided we wouldn't do presents or anything really big, just go to the same little sushi place we did every year. For me, and knowing him, that was all I thought we were doing.  Little did I know he used this day as a little excuse to go ahead and buy me my lovely Keurig machine!! (Which I would like to throw in the first thing he said was, "Don't expect a gift next year or anything" haha, gotta love him!)  I was SO excited, yes- nerd alert!  I thought it was so sweet of him, because I know how much it seriously PAINED him to spend that much on a coffee maker when we had a "perfectly fine one" already. I am starting to think maybe I am rubbing off on HIM some too! :)   I MUST acknowledge that Mr. Lance has used my new fancy pants machine EVERY SINGLE DAY since we have had it.  Looks like someone might be neglecting his perfect little $20 pot! :)  Now that we are on day 5 1/2, we have already used the whole variety pack box that came with it and I am SO excited to go stock up on some yummy coffees and teas! I know Lance will gripe the whole time about how much they cost, but deep down he loves it just as much as I do. :)

Happy Saturday to everyone and feel free to pass on your favorite "cups"! :)  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment