Tuesday, February 19, 2013

What a deal!

First off, what girl doesn't love shopping.. especially when you get an amazing deal!  Well I have to say yesterday topped my record for sure.  Since I had the day off (thanks random bank holiday!) I decided I would be good and stay home.. that is until I got an email from Old Navy.  As I opened it on my phone, I saw that if I used my Old Navy card I would get an extra 20% off.   This is when I realized I had $45 in free Old Navy cash to spend. Now how in the world do I have that you ask?  Well when I signed up for my little store CC one day to get a % off of my shopping, they informed me since I had good credit it was not only an Old Navy card, but also a Visa credit card to anywhere.  Well a few months ago I thought- since I work in banking and am the person that files all your debit card disputes.. why in the world do I ever use my debit card with all this fraud nowadays??  So I decided to do the smart thing that we always suggest to people- use your credit card everywhere and pay it off the end of each month.  Since I didn't want to add anymore credit cards to my name (this is my only one),  I use this for my monthly purchases and rack up some nice Old Navy cash.  (Yes, I know I could probably have one with more resourceful rewards but oh well! ha)  Anywayssss.. so here I am thinking I can get 20% off and keep my purchase to $45.  So off I head to our INSANE mall here, Concord Mills.  As I get there, I remembered that this Old Navy was an "outlet" store and always had great sales. To my luck, the whole store was 40% for the day!!  As I am shopping I apparently did not keep up with the total so well, because when I go to checkout, my total was $145!  Now I almost had a little panic attack (since I did not plan on shopping at all), but then realized he had not put in any discounts yet.  So I handed over my cash rewards, let him know I would be using my card for the 20% off, and played around on my phone as he entered everything.  All of a sudden I hear, "Ok mam, your grand total today is $17.22."   Wait, what?? I almost fell over! ha I was NOT expecting that much of a discount!  So I left VERY happily with 2 cardigans, a sweater, 2 scarves, 2 tshirts, and then a tshirt and polo for Lance all for under $18. Holy cow!  Happy President's Day to me!



Two of my cute finds! :)

   Women's Waffle-Knit Sweater Hoodies

No comments:

Post a Comment