Wednesday, December 18, 2013

13 Weeks Bumpdate





Ok this is not the best pic since I snapped it this morning with my phone. I actually took a cute one last night next to our Christmas tree (Lance's idea, ha) but then I woke up this morning with this BUMP! I have mostly looked just kinda chubby with a gut lately, but this morning it actually looks like a baby bump. People at work were even like, "whoa, where did that come from??"  I am kind of nervous because I hear all these stories of women who didn't show until 20 weeks or so with their first.. hmm not me! I know when you are pregnant you shouldn't care about your size, but it's hard after being so aware of what you eat/weigh/gain to just let go of the fear. I did hear short people show sooner and can look a lot bigger, so here we go.. the beginning of my little (for now) bump!!


How far along:  13 weeks
Size of baby:  Lemon (which I think is weird since last week was a peach.. isn't a peach bigger?!)
Gender:  5 more weeks!
Maternity clothes:  Not yet, but those pants sure do sound comfy!
Sleep:  Still having crazy dreams and not sleeping too good. I wake up A LOT. I can fall right back to sleep thank goodness, but it is annoying. Also, I still have to get up to the bathroom around 4-5 times a night. Sigh.
Symptoms:  Still a bit nauseous at times, mainly at night. I've found peppermint helps some, so I have been eating LOTS of candy canes at work lately! I'm still super tired and still feeling blah a lot. Oh, and I forgot to mention before, bad chapped lips! I use Maybelline's Baby Soft lips in the clear all day under my lip gloss and it helps tons. I always forget things super easy now and just zone out, ha. Luckily my co-workers all know I am pregnant now!!
Miss anything:  Not at the moment!
Movement:   I try to sit still and concentrate sometimes and see if I feel anything, but not yet.
Food cravings:  I still eat the exact same thing for lunch everyday- tomato sandwich (light mayo!) on toasted bread, carrots and hummus, and the Little Debbie chocolate cake thing with the cherry creme filling. I have had this exact meal over 2 weeks and still love it! Ha  I think about french fries still, but try to be good and not get them. We have the sweetest man at work who brings breakfast EVERY SINGLE DAY to work for us. It ranges from donuts, Chickfila, McDonalds, Bojangles (yall don't have that back home and it's AMAZING!), and anything like that. Before I was pregnant I would never go get anything, but my self control is lower these days. Oops.  I don't give in everyday, thank goodness, but I sure do love those yummy breakfast biscuits!
Anything making you queasy or sick:  I had some ice cream the other night and that made me feel SO sick.  I've noticed that with milk too, so apparently this baby doesn't like dairy or really anything that's too sweet!  Then this morning I was making Lance's lunch and literally had to make his sandwich as fast as possible because the lunch meat was bringing on some massive dry heaving. Yuck!
Have you started to show yet:  Mentioned above! :)
Belly button in or out:  In
Wedding rings on or off:  On
Mood: Happy!
Best moment of this week: Seeing how cute Lance is rubbing my belly at night and talking to our baby. I can not wait to see him as a Daddy!!
Looking forward to: Officially entering the second trimester and hoping for this energy and great feeling I keep hearing about to happen! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment