Friday, December 13, 2013

Five On Friday


Disclaimer: I try to proofread my posts many times before publishing, but I swear I have pregnancy brain already. I will spell things wrong, type the completely wrong word, and/or make no sense. Please do not judge my typing the next few months. :)







First, I have updated my layout a bit (new background and accent colors) so I hope you like the new look! (It is a lot different on the mobile version, so hop on a computer to see the real, cute design.) I still can't get on the trend of paying for someone to make me one of the really snazzy layouts, so for now I am sticking with what I can "make" on my own.

Now that I can FINALLY talk about pregnant stuff, I figured I would link up for the Five on Friday and do it a little prego style!  I am too early to actually buy any maternity or baby items, but that doesn't mean I can't still look around.  As you may have read before, I am a super discount Old Navy shopper, so I am hoping to rack up some great deals on Maternity clothes there when the time comes.  There is so much on sale right now it is killing me not to buy something, but since I have no clue what size I will grow into, there is no point. I promise I won't completely only talk about pregnancy/baby stuff on here since I am assuming it is not too interesting to those of you not pregnant or who do not have kids. Right now that pretty much consumes me, so I will try to venture out some! :)  Here are a few of my favorite maternity finds, with some cute baby stuff thrown in!


{One}


Love these!  They are on sale right now from $39.99 to only $15.99 here. Not sure if I would buy them online since reading the reviews. Most complained of tightness in the thigh area and let's be honest.. I'm a hips/thighs/butt girl when I am NOT pregnant, so I definitely don't need something that is tight in that area when I am pregnant. I think I will most likely try on stuff in the store (if it is available) and then go back and order online since I get better deals that way!



{Two}



I am a tank top lover. I wear one almost every under what I am wearing. Especially in the winter I love cardigans and open front sweaters, and a nice thick tank top is great to wear under. I used to wear cami's all the time but I got to where I don't like them anymore. Maybe it's the thinness or the tangling straps, but I have moved on to tanks.  These are regular price $12.94, but depending on the color, they are on sale from $5.99 to $9.00 here.  I am pretty sure I will own most of the solid colors, and a few designed, when the time comes.



{Three}


I LOVE this sweater. It is regular price $32.94, on sale today for $23.00 here. I'm not sure how quickly I will get into maternity clothes, but since it can stay cold in NC until March or so, I am hoping I will still have a few months to enjoy the cute winter styles.



{Four}

  

Ok, so anything with ears will be bought for my child. HOW CUTE?! I would just like everyone to know right now that I am going to be broke 100% of the time once this baby is born (and probably starting once we learn the gender). I love to shop and don't know how I will control myself with all the cute baby items. I'm pretty sure if it's a girl she will be a little Snooki because I love anything that's pink, glittery/sequins, and animal print. Don't hate.  The girl jacket is regular price $12.94 on sale for $6.99 here, and the boy's is regular $16.94 on sale for $7.99 here. I mean come on, how can I not rack up when baby stuff is so cute and CHEAP?!?



{Five}


Precious. I guess I can't get away with putting this on a boy, but I do love it! Regular $$16.94, on sale for $8.50 here.


So friends, family.. start shopping! haha :) Happy FRIDAY!!!!!!!


11 comments:

  1. Just found you via the Five on Friday link up! I love anything with ears for babies! So cute! I found with maternity clothes- especially in gap and old navy I wore my normal size just in maternity. It wasn't until the very end- like the last three weeks that I needed large sized tops but at that point I was just working with what clothes I had left. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I might have to get some stuff then because they are having big sales and I have some coupons and Cash Rewards to spend! :) I'll probably start with tops and then have to check out bottoms in the store since some of the reviews scared me a bit! haha

      Delete
  2. Soooo cuuuute! I agree with Nat, the size you wear in a certain brand will also translate to the maternity version. So buy away, girl, while the sales are going on! Old Navy is great since you'll only wear the clothes for a few months and they're pretty cheap. I lived in the long, stretchy non-maternity tanks from ON, stretchy skirts and empire-waist dresses. I couldn't wear pants at all - anything remotely fitted on my belly killed me.
    GOOD LUCK!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I am thinking anything stretchy is going to be my go-to! Some of the pants with low bands look like they might be uncomfortable, so I might go the route you did! :)

      Delete
    2. Yeah, there are so many different styles of pants that it's hard to know what you'll be comfortable in until you can try them on!

      Delete
  3. Stopped by from the link up! Those baby items are adorable!! I am seriously going to by them right now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping in! :) They have SO much on sale right now, you should definitely go see all the cuteness!!!

      Delete
  4. New to your blog from the link-up. Will be following :). Congrats on baby! I am a new mom to a now 10-month old and it is THE BEST!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by!! We are so excited to start this journey! I'll have to keep up with your blog and get some tips for the future months! :)

      Delete
  5. That onsie is the cutest ever!!!!! This Friday 5 makes me excited to be preggo someday...! :) xx

    ReplyDelete