Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Wednesday Confessions

 
 
Today I thought I would just write about all the random things going on and confessions into how my life has changed.  Just a fun post looking inside my days lately! :)
 
  • It's 12:30pm and I am just now drinking coffee and eating my blueberry "buscuits" granola pack.
  • I am peed and/or puked on daily.
  • My bed is peed and/or puked in almost nightly during feedings.  What do I do? What any logical mother does at 3am.  I get up, change Tilly, put her down, and go back to sleep with whatever liquid has leaked in my bed.  Hey, it'll dry and I'll eventually get around to washing our sheets.. Don't judge.
  • The highlight of my day Monday was when Tilly finally pooped after a 48 hour drought.  Let's just say I was overly excited and then sad about how excited that made me, haha.
  • I have spent the last 2 days with cabbage leaves shoved in my bra trying to dry up my milk.  To say I stink is putting it nicely.  Warm cabbage mixed with leaking milk is not the most attractive smell.  Nor is it working yet. I am basically going through self torture right now.
  • I wear lounge clothes daily and have worn make-up maybe 5-6 times total since Tilly has been born. If you know me, you know I love my make-up.  If you know babies, you know they can't see you that well so hey, what's the point.
  • I still have around 20 lbs I need/want to lose and it can be a bit depressing thinking about the work it's going to take. Considering I spend most of my days on the couch, I probably need to get a plan of how to lose them. Sigh.  My 6 week checkup is next Tuesday, so technically I can't do anything yet anyways. After next week though, this little mama's gotta get in gear!
  • I still try to paint my nails once a week to keep myself happy.  It's my thing.  Luckily Lance let's me have a nail night and watches Tilly while I do my manicures.
  • My baby is 5 1/2 weeks old and already the biggest sassy little Diva.  I'm not sure how I feel about this.
  • Being a parent is hard.. wait, being a MOM is hard.  Man, Dad's have it made. (good thing Lance never reads my blog! lol)  I do understand the saying though now, Being a parent is the hardest, yet most rewarding thing you will ever do.
  • Even though my day is completely consumed with a baby, I still have to keep my house clean. (minus the somewhat baby infested sheets).  I do laundry almost daily, still make our bed daily, and keep everything in order.  I may be a bit of a neat freak, and this keeps part of my life balanced.  As she gets older, we will have lessons on cleaning and organizing! :) lol
  • I love the weekends when I can make a quick alone trip to Target, but I always am so excited to see my sweet little baby when I get back and miss her even in that small amount of time.
  • I am very blessed to have the help of my amazing husband on this journey, even though he can be a bit whiney during overnight time! :)  I am lucky to have all his help since we have no family in the area and are doing this completely on our own day to day.
 
 
 
So basically.. my life is pretty boring and disgusting most of the time, but I wouldn't have it any other way.  A little update from my last post.. we have switched completely to formula as of now.  I was giving a bottle or two of breast milk a day, but realized that was the only time she was mainly puking.  Let me tell you, with 40+ bags in the freezer I suffered pumping out, I am a bit discouraged about where to go from here.  Do I make her drink it, or stick with what's working? Uh. So far she seems to be doing good on the formula.. she only has her puke moments for the most part when we burp her and she tends to spew then.  It is messing with her bathroom routine, but I think that's normal when switching to formula.  She also hasn't had many "colic" nights at all lately.  Fingers crossed this all stays good and I don't jinx myself by writing this! :)  Enjoy your Wednesday as I try to go squeeze in a shower! :)
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. She's so gorgeous! You're doing a great job! Also, random since I'm a non-mom, but I think some hospitals have a milk bank that you can donate that frozen milk to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I've actually heard that too and will probably go that route if she still has issues with it. Someone needs to benefit from my hard work! Haha

      Delete