Monday, July 14, 2014

Checking In

Well I have been slacking on my blog lately so I thought I would check in with some random tidbits of my life.  Basically we are still in survival newborn mode and just taking it day by day.  Tilly was 3 weeks old on Saturday and today marks my first full week alone.  All of my family has visited, and I'm not sure when Lance's will get the chance to come.  Of course this has to be Lance's inventory week so he will be working tons of hours and it's on Saturday this month.  So 6 long days.. yikes!

I don't want to jinx myself, but so far Tilly has been such an amazing baby. That girl eats, sleeps, and poops.. all a lot! Her schedule pretty much is about every 2-3 hours she wakes up to eat and then once burped and rocked a bit, will go back down to sleep.. then repeat. (with bathroom breaks in between)  Now last Thursday things started to change a bit and she was SUPER fussy and wanted to be held 24/7 or she would cry hysterically. Of course Lance immediately goes into this intense fear that she has the "purple cry".  What is that you ask? Well it's a terrifying video our hospital made us watch about how your baby can cry 24/7 for up to 5-6 months and nothing you can do will console them.  The video then goes on to let you know this is normal and to not shake your baby or basically go insane, as it will end one day.  Ok, I don't know about you but this is not something I want to watch right before I head home with my new baby.  I get they want you to be aware and also know to please not shake your baby or go insane but.. sheesh!  Thank goodness she could be consoled (mama did not have a good Thursday night or Friday day), and once I googled some and asked the ladies on my pregnancy app I learned that apparently she is/was in her 3 week growth spurt. These tend to happen 3,6,9 weeks and then 3,6,9 months were the baby is really fussy and not their normal self.  She got better as the weekend went on, and seems to be good now.. hallelujah!

This sums up that growth spurt.. I would include one of my face but it was just about the same! haha
 
 
So as of now my day consists of hanging out with Miss Priss, texting my friends a million pictures of her, squeezing in laundry and house work, and if I am really lucky.. a shower and washing my hair.  I had to order some stuff online from Target yesterday because I just had no clue when I would actually get to the store. Of course it was all baby and nursing things. Boy have times changed!  Tonight when Lance gets home I am having a little mommy time and going to get a pedicure and then grocery shopping.. party animal! :)
 
As I type this I hear Tilly getting fussy in her bassinet, so time to start the cycle all over again.  Happy Monday everyone!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment