Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Beauty Review - Clarisonic Mia & New Lotion


I have seen and heard about this product for awhile now and was always curious how good it REALLY worked.  I had been debating back and forth whether to get this since the price tag was so hefty.  There are actually a few different versions, with the Mia being the cheapest.  This version is $119 plus tax.  With my birthday approaching and not really sure what to ask Lance for, I thought I would investigate this little gadget a bit more.  I read tons and tons of reviews, which 99% of them raved of this product. I finally caved and told him this is one of the things I would like.  I have now been using the Mia for about 3 weeks and I must say, I am impressed.  I am not sure if I would go as crazy as some of those reviews that claimed life changing results, but it's definitely a great product.  This product claims to clean skin up to 6 times better than your hands or a rag and I must say, I have to agree here.  My skin has never been softer and feels super clean and free of any oil/dirt after I use this product.  You can use up to twice a day, but I stick to one since I do have sensitive skin.  As you can see in the picture, it does include a sample of their face wash, but I stick to my Philosophy products.  I actually fully wash my face once to get the majority of my makeup off, then go back and reapply soap and use this product.  The first time I used this product after doing the first wash of my face I was very surprised to see makeup come off on the brush.  That just shows you really aren't getting your face as clean as you think!   I don't really notice a huge change in the oiliness (which is what I was really hoping for!), but it has helped some.  I would definitely recommend this product to anyone that is debating whether or not to spend the money.  Like I said before, I don't think it does magic and gives you a new face as some reviews say, but it definitely is very good on your skin.  My skin already feels smoother and healthier after just a few weeks, and I feel like the older I get I really need to be taking care of my skin the best I can.

This Mia (and Mia2) comes in many different colors- mine is the purple shown above.  The Mia2 is $149 and the only differences I found were there are 2 speeds instead of 1 (which the lady at Sephora told me they were so similar, it doesn't make a difference), it beeps when you are supposed to move it to a different area on your face, and the warranty is 2 years instead of 1.   You are supposed to use it on your whole face in 60 seconds but I normally run it twice.  I don't mind not having it beep to tell me when to move because I would still have to go back over it again.  I like to concentrate on certain areas longer than others, so I follow my own pattern of moving it around anyways.  Depending on if those factors are important to you will help you decide on the 1 or 2.  I don't think for those 3 things $30 is bad, but I didn't want to push my luck with Lance since I did still get a few other gifts! haha :)



I have also recently switched my lotion to another version within Philosophy.  I found a new product they use that is similar to Hope in a Jar, but oil free and better for us oily chicks in the summer.  'Take a Deep Breath' is my new go to lotion.  This jar is the same size as my $40 Hope, but for some reason it is only $32.. which makes me love it even more! haha  It has more of a "gel" feel to it, but goes on just as smooth.  I use the TINIEST bit, so this 2oz jar lasts me about a year.  I have used this about a week and so far.. so good! :)




Happy Tuesday!! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment