Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

This year marked my first Mother's Day and it was perfect.  We didn't do anything over the top, but it was wonderful none the less.  First off, Lance got up with Tilly's 7am wake up so I could sleep in some. Well.. if you haven't heard me say it before, my child is a wild one every second she is awake. So unfortunately her loud babbling and playing woke me up not long after she got up.  I got up and went in to find some cute little flowers Lance had picked from outside, and some sweet gifts.  Even Tilly managed to get a sweet card and write me a little message! :)  We got her down a bit early for her nap since we had 11am brunch reservations.  We got ready and snapped a few pics before heading out. 
 
**Note- her dress she is wearing is size 3-6 months! haha They make dresses so big that she can wear anywhere from 3 months to 12 months, just depending how it was made. I'm pretty sure this was a dress I was thinking she would wear LAST summer.. Oh yea, but she wore Newborn for 4 months!
 
 
 



 
 
Once we got downtown we had a few minutes to spare, so we walked around a bit and enjoyed the morning. Below is the look I got when I said, "Smile at mommy!"  Haha that girl!
 

 



 
 
 
We finally got in the restaurant and realized they were doing Brunch this Sunday as a buffet for Mother's Day.  I do wish it was a regular menu day, but the food was amazing.. it was just way too crowded and unorganized for a buffet.  We will definitely have to go back on a regular Sunday, as I have been dying to try their brunch!  Miss Priss snacked on some sausage, muffins, pasta salad, and LOVED the banana pudding!
 



 
 
After brunch, we went by the grocery store and then headed home for a much needed nap! Sadly, my sleepy child decided she needed an extremely short one this day.. of course!  Lastly, we all went on a nice family walk down our new street.  It is SO nice to be able to walk out your front door and go for a walk.  Our old house was on a high speed limit cut through road, so there was no even going near the street.  More to come on the new house soon!  Lots of projects down, and LOTS to come!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Overall it was a wonderful day spent with the people I love most. 
 
I hope all my mommy friends and family had the best day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment