Monday, April 13, 2015

Weekend Review

I figured I would do a little weekend recap since it's the first one we have had at home and with Lance off in a few weeks with nothing too set to do, and will probably be the last one for AWHILE. (and warning- most pics are blurry cellphone ones.)


First off, Friday was Lance's birthday! My sweet husband turned 36 and we were excited to celebrate this awesome dude. 

 

He got up and went to work, and Tilly and I did our normal Friday morning routine and then headed out to her weekly baby gym class.  We stopped on the way home to get all the ingredients for me to try and copy Lance's aunt's homemade strawberry cake recipe.  Well... on the way home he calls to tell me he is home early and will see us when we get there.  Of course I was excited he worked half a day, but not that he was ruining my plans of making his "surprise" cake! haha  We got home and I told him I needed him to stay out of the kitchen awhile while I "did something" once we got Tilly down for her nap.  His response? "Ok, I'll go work on my Jeep while you make my cake." ha!  Luckily the cake turned out tasting awesome, even though it looked pretty busted. (I'm impatient and apparently icing a cake even if it's semi warm will make it look like a hot mess.)

We spent the rest of the afternoon just hanging out at home, and then got ready for dinner.  Our good friends came over to "babysit" Tilly so we could go out and have a dinner alone.  Since she goes to bed between 7-7:30, we just stayed and did her nighttime routine and got her to sleep- that way all they had to do was just sit and hang out at our house while she slept.  We went to our favorite little restaurant in downtown Concord and had an amazing dinner! Afterwards we walked around a bit since the weather was GORGEOUS, and were home by 9:30.. party animals! ha


 
 
Saturday was pretty low key.  We got up and relaxed that morning, and then ran some errands.  We came home and Ms Priss snuggled with her daddy some before her nap.  The weather here in NC was seriously on point all weekend, and we spent lots of time outside!  Once Tilly woke up, we all headed outside and hung out on the deck while Lance grilled some kabobs and corn.  Very tasty!!  I love grilled pineapple and have heard watermelon was good too, so we gave it a try.  It doesn't taste too different, but was good having it warm and a bit crispy.
 

 

 
 
Sunday was about the same.. relaxing and then made a trip to Walmart.  We needed a few house items, plus Lance wanted to get Tilly a little drum.  I told him how much she loved the one at playgroup on Thursday, so of course he had to get her one. (He is a drummer in a band if you didn't know.)  She is obsessed with that thing and played with it all day, and already this morning!  After that, it was back out to the grill for a whole chicken and some brussel sprouts.  We rounded out the night with some more Daddy snuggles, and then Game of Thrones premiere- hello Jon Snow! 


 
 
 
Overall, a much needed relaxing weekend at home with the family!  Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment