Thursday, April 2, 2015

The Tale of 2 Babies

So lately I have come to figure out I have my normal, happy Tilly.. and then crazy out of her comfort zone Tilly. Whew.

I know I always post how happy and fun she is, and I swear it's true.. at home!  She is ALWAYS smiling and playing non-stop all day. Now don't get me wrong, this baby has some sass and will let you know right away if she doesn't want to do something.  But other than that, she is the sweetest, most playful baby.  She will sit and play with her toys by herself and just be laughing and "talking" up a storm.  She now loves to mimic you and copy whatever noises you make to her, and then she laughs like crazy once she copies you.  We are always making little runs to Target or some other store where I have her sitting up in the cart, and she does great with people there.  I would say on average about 5 or so people come up to us each trip and comment how tiny and cute she is. I really think from her size people think I have a 2 month old baby sitting up in the cart! haha  She will just smile and laugh as they talk to her.. BUT, they aren't trying to hold her!

Now let's take a look at travel Tilly.  We go out of town and she turns into a completely different baby.  She was scared of everyone at any location the past few months, but I can honestly say I have seen a huge difference in her warming up pretty quickly when the new people are at OUR house.  You put her in a strange location with strange people? Game on.  She cried most of our trip home to MS and not only is it stressful on her, but it's super stressful on me.  She either wanted to be right by or held by my mom, Lance, or myself the whole time. We went to Lauren's baby shower and anytime someone new came in to talk to her or try to hold her, she cried her poor little head off.  I am sure everyone thinks I have the most unhappy, stressful baby... but I PROMISE she is completely different in North Carolina!! haha  Except she is like this here if we go to someone's house she doesn't know around people she doesn't know.  The one good thing about traveling with her? She does amazing flying and as soon as the plane takes off, she zonks out and sleeps the whole time! ha

We have her gym class and playgroup weekly, but again she is around the same little bit of people then so she does ok.  I know this is normal with some kids (I was the exact same way apparently, so I don't see her changing anytime soon).  After we left MS on Sunday, Lance said, "We aren't traveling with her again until she is 3!"  Too bad we are going out of town this weekend to his Dad's for Easter. Sigh.  MAYBE she'll do ok?!

So, if you meet my baby somewhere that is not our house and it's the first time she's met you- Just a fair warning: She is going to be terrified and scream and cry. Don't take it personal, you're not alone!


 
You can just enjoy her happiness through pictures for now! :)
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see her tomorrow! She will be in her comfort zone, so hopefully she will remember she loves me again! Perhaps, she'll even like Don! Haha. Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete