Monday, September 17, 2012

Oh, Monday!

Well another weekend has flown by and once again Monday has popped up.  To top it off, it has been rainy most of the day here in Charlotte, which makes me want to take a super nap! Unfortunately no nap, just another day at the office. (only 2 hours left.. woohoo!)  Well this weekend we were very busy, but had lots of fun. Friday night while Lance relaxed after a long work week, I took a little trip to the mall to do some shopping in my form of relaxing. :) I did a bit of damage in Belk and of course took a trip over to Bath & Body Works to stock up on even more candles. (yes, I have a serious addiction).  Saturday afternoon we went to the county fair. Of course we ate lots of good (bad for you) fair food,walked around, and played a few games. I did win a TINY little stuffed animal dog that ended up costing us around $20. ha. We also stopped to watch the family Circus act.. let's just say that was very interesting!  On the way out we had to stop and get the ultimate Fair food.. a funnel cake! They had all different kinds of weird flavors- Birthday Cake, Red Velvet, Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter, Brown Cinnamon Sugar, and then the regular plain white powdered sugar.  I stuck to my simple white powdered sugar.. and boy was it delicious! Just don't watch them make it.. makes you feel super guilty for eating something that is bathed in a huge tub of grease!

 



Now on Sunday I went to my first NFL game, Panthers vs. Saints. My family is 100% crazy, die hard Minnesota Vikings fans, so of course they have and will always be my #1 team. But now that I live in the Carolinas, I will have to cheer on the Panthers (unless they play the Vikes!).  So I bought myself my first Panther's shirt and off to the game we went! We tailgated first, and then walked over to the SUPER crowded entrance of the stadium.. seems everyone decided to head in at the same time.  Our seats were the upper level, but the view was actually way better than I thought.  I actually enjoyed our seats (especially since Lance got them for free from work! haha) The day had been raining on and off, so it was already a bit chilly from being wet. We didn't stay the whole game for this reason, I was wet and cold! I would love to go back to a night game, or even just any game with no RAIN! I don't mind cold, as long as I come prepared.  Hopefully there will be another game in our future.  And btw, the Panthers killed the Saints.. YAY!!!



Now that is is Monday again, it's time to charge through the work week and get the ball rolling for the next weekend! :) I am especially looking forward to this weekend- Saturday will be my first bridal shower and then Saturday night me and my NC girls will head out for a night in downtown Charlotte for my Bachelorette party!! The wedding activities have officially started! I hope this week flies by for me (and everyone else!) and that everyone else has a wonderful work week!


40 days until the BIG DAY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment