Thursday, August 23, 2012

Catching up to speed

Ok, so the last post ended with how I got myself 11 hours away from home, but now it's time to see what I have really been doing here all this time!  The first 8 months I VERY much enjoyed my role as "housewife". I actually learned a lot about being domestic and running a household.  I did laundry, grocery shopped, cleaned house, made all meals, and anything else that came up.  I loved being able to have the freedom during the week to run all of our errands and get everything finished so when the weekend rolled around and Lance was off work, we were completely free to do whatever we please.  In between all my domestic duties, I was actively looking for a job. I met with at least 10 different recruiters, and total went on around 8 interviews.  None of the jobs were really anything I was excited about or really interested in, so as I continously got rejected, I was never really that upset! ha  I had worked for a very small bank back home (operations and 2 branches made up EVERYTHING) so I did start to get discouraged that I would not find that small atmosphere I was looking for, as I now lived in one of the biggest banking cities in the country filled with nation wide banks.  So as I was jobless and free to do what I pleased, I took advantage of this time to redecorate our sad little house.  It definitely needed a woman's touch.  He had tried in some rooms to have a bit of decor, but it just was not happening.  After several months and lots of coats of paint, we completed our room, the guest room, living room, bathroom, and kitchen. Boy does it look much better now! I love decorating and wish we had more rooms for me to work on (we do have one more spare room, but that is his band room and was off limits to my eager hands). I also was able to have friends and family come visit a few times and have the time to hang out with everyone and show them my new city. My mom and Kristen came for Thanksgiving; Mom, Dad, and Grandma came for Christmas; Kristen came 5 days in March; Sarah came in May for a Lady Antebellum concert; and Mom and Kristen back in June to shop for my WEDDING dress!

Now that I mentioned wedding, let's get into that! Of course Lance and I had talked marriage and knew that one day that would be our future, I just had no idea when he planned to pop the big question! I had hoped it would be before Memorial weekend because we were flying home to MS and I wanted to be able to have the chance to celebrate with all my friends and family.  As the days dwindled down and time got closer, I gave up that wish because the time was running out.  He literally waited until 10 minutes before we left for the airport to ask me to be his wife, so needless to say I was VERY surprised and so very, very excited.  It was the perfect moment that I will always treasure.  Of course I was just bouncing off the walls with excitement calling all of my close friends and family as we drive to the airport.  I had to get everyone in before I got on the plane!! It made for a perfect Memorial weekend. I not only got to hang out and see everyone back home, but we had a reason to CELEBRATE!!

Now I had really wanted a fall wedding, perfect weather, beautiful colors, and just really always my favorite time of the year.  So here we are, May 25 recently engaged and I realize, ok we either can have a 5 month engagement or a year and 5 months.. hmm, easy decision, 5 months!! To me, you get engaged because you want to get married- well then let's get married!  When I started telling everyone the date I got a TON of, "why so soon?", which I still don't understand.  What are you waiting for? I had everything planned and booked within a month. (Yes, I am a crazy OCD planner in my daily life so this was a piece of cake!) Over the next month or two I ordered decor, invitations, etc, but now with 2 months left I am basically at the waiting game. There is no way I would survive a year engagement. Little miss impatient is ready to get this ball rolling! I have to say, I will miss the engagement part of things because I have had so much fun planning this wedding. My absolute dream job would be a party planner.  So as of today, I have 2 months and 4 days left in my wonderful countdown! Ahhh!

As I was still fresh in my engagement bliss, I end up getting a job exaclty one week later! Holy cow, what a week! I somehow had a job placed in front of me that was identical to the one I left, only better.  I felt like I really needed to pinch myself!! So far I have been at my job about 2 1/2 months and so far so good.  I really enjoy  being back into the routine and meeting new people, but I am not going to lie, I definitely miss my housewife job.  Hopefully not too long and I can get that back! :)

So here I am, close to getting married, working, and loving life in NC. What more could I ask for?






No comments:

Post a Comment