Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Easy Breakfast Casserole

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and got to spend lots of time with family and eat way too much. Speaking of eating, I wanted to share this super easy, super delicious breakfast casserole we had Christmas morning.  I have made this before awhile ago, but forgot how tasty it was.  It's something you can make any day of the year and also change up the ingredients to your liking. I loved that I could basically make the whole thing the night before and just pop in the oven when we woke up Christmas morning!





Ingredients:
12 eggs
1/2 cup of milk
1 lb breakfast sausage
8oz cream cheese
2 cans (8oz size) of crescent rolls
2 cups of shredded cheese

Directions:
(I prepped the night before, so I did everything up until putting it in the oven and instead stuck it in the fridge)

1. Preheat your oven to 375'
2. Beat eggs and milk together and scramble.  Set aside.
3. Brown sausage and drain grease.  Once cooked, mix together with cream cheese.
4. In an ungreased 9x13 pan, unroll one set of crescent rolls. Spread sausage mix on top as first layer, then eggs, and cheese. Last, unroll remaining can of rolls.
5. Bake 25 minutes

I honestly didn't measure the cheese and just sprinkled it on the eggs until they were covered.  I also ended up cooking quite a bit longer than 25 minutes, which is probably from having it chill overnight.  I think I ended up cooking it close to 40 or so minutes.  You just want to keep checking and take it out once the rolls turn nice and brown, as everything in the middle is already cooked.

This was delicious fresh, and also heated up as leftovers for days after!

Enjoy! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment