Sunday, August 9, 2015

Cold Tortellini Pasta Salad

This weekend we were invited to a cook out at our neighbors', and I needed to bring a side dish.  I have a few dips that I make for most events, but decided to venture out and try something new.  Of course I searched Pinterest for some ideas and ending up settling on a Tortellini Pasta Salad.  I did switch some of the ingredients up a bit, and luckily it turned out amazing! I was so pleased with this little creation, I had to share!  I got all of my ingredients at Trader Joe's, so you might have to sub the dressing or salami if you don't have one in your area.







Ingredients:

8-10oz Spinach Tortellini
6oz Artichoke Hearts chopped slightly
6oz Black Olive Slices
8oz Garbanzo Beans, rinsed and drained
8oz Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
1 medium red onion diced (I used about 3/4ths since it seemed like a lot)
Your choice of creamy dressing (I used Trader Joe's Goddess Dressing) with the quantity of your choice
24 Cherry tomatoes halved
1/4 lb Salami diced/sliced

Instructions:

1. Cook tortellini according to directions.  Drain and rinse with cold water.
2. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients with cooked pasta except tomatoes and salami.
3. Let salad marinate with the dressing in the fridge for about 4-6 hours, and  then add tomatoes and salami before serving.



Side Notes:

The beans and artichoke hearts will most likely come in larger ounces than you need.  I did measure out and use what the recipe asked for, but I'm sure you could dump them all in there if you didn't want leftovers.  Also, with the dressing I just mixed in and added a little bit at a time to get to my liking.  I didn't want it coated, so I think the amount is a personal preference.  I also used fresh salami, but summer sausage or even smoked sausage would work the same if you like that better. I forgot to take a pic of the finished product until there was barely any left, but I did take a quick snap to show that it does just look like a big mess of random things mixed together, ha.  But trust me, it's VERY good!!  Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment