Friday, June 19, 2015

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star First Birthday Party


 
 


First off.. how is my baby already having her first birthday?!?
 

I have been brainstorming and planning what I wanted to do for Tilly's first birthday for months.  I was so excited to plan something cute, girly, pink, and of course throw in some glitter.  This "theme" topped my favorite as I was Pinterest searching a while back.  I loved that I could mix and match décor and not have to get one set of matchy matchy things.  I am not really into the whole character thing for babies, so I knew I wanted to venture off from that.  I loved this look and started shopping as soon as I nailed down the theme.  I got very lucky with the timing, because with this being graduation season, I found SO many options for gold décor and star themed.  My biggest hits were Dollar Tree and the dollar section at Target!!! It worked out perfect.  I was a bit worried how it would all come together, as I just bought random things here and there hoping it would all go together as well in person as it was in my head! 

I'm definitely not into food all over babies' faces, (no offense to everyone who thinks its cute, just not my thing) so I was completely against a smash cake.. uh!  I knew I wanted to get our cupcakes from SAM's because they taste amazing and are a great price.. Unfortunately they only came in quantities of 30. I needed more than 30, but not 60.  The lady then told me I could get a smash cake size cake that also came with an extra 10 cupcakes.  Sigh.  I got suckered in! I wasn't sure until the moment of if I would give it to her, but I thought what the heck.  Funny enough (as you'll see from the pictures below) she was not liking sticking her hand in at first and kept making faces.  That's my girl! Once she tried the icing, she did love it and kept just scrapping it off to eat.. I don't think she actually got any cake- just icing!

Sadly my sweet little baby woke up with a fever the morning of her party and didn't feel good most of the day.  I know she won't even remember, but I hate she wasn't feeling good to fully enjoy it.  After a few days of fever and then a nasty rash, we were off to the doctor for her first sick visit ever to find out she had a virus.  Basically it just had to run it's course and thank goodness she seems to be almost back to 100% now!

Despite her not feeling good, it was a great day filled with our close friends and family.  It was so nice to see everyone and have a fun cookout at our new house.  Thank you so much to everyone who came to celebrate our little princess and brought her some new, fun gifts!!!

Now for some pictures!



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



 
 




 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



 
 


 

 
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 
 
High Chair Banner (bought banner and Scrapbook Paper to make Letters) '1' Plates- Hobby Lobby
Balloons, Star Plates, Napkins, Silverware, Gold Star Table Topper Décor, Flower Vase, Sidewalk Chalk- Dollar Tree
Months Banner, '1' Candle- Party City
Cupcake Stand- Target
Gold Tray with Cupcakes- Estate Sale
Cupcakes- SAMs Club
Cupcake Toppers, Tilly's Shorts, Crown, Star shirt decal- Etsy
Chalk Board Signs, Gold Straws, Gold Letters, Gold Large Pins- Target Dollar Section
Tilly Banner, Pink Straws- Leftover from my baby shower
Bubble Machine- Amazon
Flowers- Walmart
White Picture Frames- Already had

1 comment:

  1. We had a great time! So glad we could be there! Happy Birthday little one!! :-)
    Love, Trisha

    ReplyDelete