Monday, February 16, 2015

Foil Wrapped Chicken Veggie Dinner

So I said I would share any great recipes I came across, and I knew I would definitely be sharing this one.  I made this last night and it was super easy and turned out delicious!  You can mix and match this a ton of different ways, but I will post how I made ours.

Foil Wrapped Chicken and Veggies

Ingredients:
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (I used thinly sliced ones)
Red, Yellow, and Orange Peppers
Red Onion
Tomato
Garlic (I used jarred chopped)
Fresh Basil Leaves
Carrots
Vinaigrette Dressing (I used Zesty Lime)
Aluminum Foil

Tear off enough pieces of foil to completely cover each chicken breast and veggies.  Chop up enough vegetables for each wrapped chicken and divide. Lay chicken on your foil sheet, top with garlic, pour on enough dressing to cover chicken, top with veggies, and then place 1-2 basil leaves on top.  Wrap up completely and place on cooking sheet.  I made 4 servings, enough for dinner and then lunch the next day.  Cook at 325 for 25 minutes, or until chicken is done. 



 

 






Once complete, I just scooped everything out and left most of the dressing in the foil to toss.  You can either keep the veggies on the chicken and eat it together, or move them to the side to eat as your "side". I think it took about 10 minutes of prep.. super fast, easy and delicious!


I would also like to throw in my new gadget I got recently that I am obsessed with! The one I got retails $40 at JcPenney, but with a sale and coupon I ended up getting it for around $15.  It makes slicing your vegetables a breeze! I LOVE it!!

Purchase HERE.  It is on sale now and they have a $10 off $25 code for in store and online!
 
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment