Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Crock Pot Dishes

I've mentioned before I never used the crock pot much since my husband thinks it's bound to burn our house down if we aren't home. Well, now that I am home I decided I need to start using this handy little gadget.  Last week I tried out 2 Pinterest recipes and both were AMAZING, and of course easy.  I thought I would pass them on for yall to enjoy! :)


First off I tried this Cheesy Tortellini Soup.  After I already got the ingredients, I read the comments and saw how a lot of people added sausage to it.  I am definitely going to try that next time to add a little kick.
 
 
Ingredients:
 
16-19 oz bag of frozen tortellini
1 small bag of spinach  (I used fresh spinach)
2 cans (15 oz) Italian style diced tomatoes
1 box (4 cups) Vegetable broth
1 block (8 oz) cream cheese
Salt & Pepper to taste

 
 
Put all ingredients in the crock pot (breaking up the cream cheese) except the tortellini, and set on low for 4-6 hours.  I think I did closer to 6.  The last hour is when you will want to add the pasta so it doesn't get too mushy.  This made enough for us to have dinner, 2 more days of lunch for me, and a big Tupperware bowl to freeze.


 

 
 
 
Next, I tried out these Smothered Pork Chops.  I only got a finished product pic here because Tilly was waking up so I was just throwing everything in quickly! haha
 
 
Ingredients:
 
4 pork chops (I used boneless)
1 envelope (1 oz pack) Onion soup mix
1 (14 oz) can low sodium Chicken broth
1 (10.5 oz) can low sodium Cream of Chicken soup
1 envelope (1 oz pack) Dry Pork gravy mix
Garlic Powder
 
Mix everything into the crock pot except the garlic powder and stir well.  Sprinkle both sides of each pork chop with the garlic powder and place in the crock pot.  Make sure all pork chops are completely covered with the sauce.  Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.  I did around 7 hours.
 
These turned out delicious, and I am not a big meat eater! We ate 2 for dinner with some seasoned butter beans, and then reheated the other 2 the next night.  They were just as good reheated as they were the first night!
 
 

 
Enjoy! :)
 
Any other easy crockpot favs you want to share?  I am always looking for new ideas!!
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I have tried the tortellini recipe before and it turned out delicious. It is a quick easy recipe. I'll have to try sausage in it next time also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try the tortellini recipe! Looks really good. I will have to add sausage to mine too! Another good crock pot recipe is a pork butt with a can of coke or ginger ale! I put it on for about 6 hours and it slides right off the bone and you can make pulled pork sandwiches! -Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tortellini recipe is my favorite crockpot recipe! It is always turns out delicious. I have definitely had some crockpot fails though with overcooking stuff. I made some chicken wings that turned out awesome and chicken quarters with BBQ sauce are good too.

    ReplyDelete